SECTION 1 – CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
As a member of the TCA Inc I will:
• Conduct myself politely and with integrity at TCA Inc approved events.
• Conduct myself in a sportsmanlike manner at such events and in any related activities or
• Respect the reputations of other members, including judges, at TCA Inc approved events and in
dealings in wider forums, including chat lists, on the internet and in other communications.
SECTION 2- COMPLIANCE WITH CODE OF ETHICS
Each member, upon signing an application for membership or renewal of membership of the T.C.A. Inc, and being duly elected to general membership of the TCA Inc, shall, in addition to agreeing to be bound by the Constitution, Rules and Regulations of the TCA Inc, be also bound by the TCA Inc’s Code of Ethics relating to responsible dog ownership, including the keeping, welfare, breeding, selling and disposing of dogs by members to the effect of the terms and conditions set out under Section 3 hereof.
SECTION 3- CODE OF ETHICS AND UNDERTAKINGIn consideration of the Tasmanian Canine Association Inc electing me to its general membership and approval of that renewal from time to time, I pledge to the Tasmanian Canine Association Inc that: -
- I shall ensure that at all times all dogs under my control are properly housed, fed, watered, exercised and receive proper Veterinary attention, if and when required.
- I shall not allow any dogs under my care to roam at large and when away from home ensure that they are kept fully leashed, or under effective control, at all times. All dogs must be able to stand up to full height and be able to turn around with ease in any crate in which it is confined.
- I shall breed only for the purpose of improving the quality and/or working ability of the breed in line with the breed standard and not for the pet market or any other commercial purpose.
- I shall not breed from any bitch kept by me causing it to whelp before it is 12 months of age and I shall not breed any bitch kept by me causing it to whelp more than twice in any 18 month period. I will not breed any bitch kept by me causing it to whelp more than 6 times without prior written approval from the TCA Inc Council.
- I shall not permit any of my pure bred dogs to be mated to a dog of a different breed, to a cross-bred dog, or to an unregistered dog of the same breed.
- I shall not sell or otherwise transfer from my care any puppy under 8 weeks of age, within Australia and 11 weeks of age overseas, the pup must have had its initial vaccination for distemper and parvo-virus.
- I shall ensure that all persons acquiring dogs from me clearly understand their responsibility for the care and welfare of the animal, that they have the time and facilities (i.e. adequate fences, sufficient room and proper shelter etc) to perform their obligations.
- I shall provide to all purchasers of dogs sold or placed by me, written details of all dietary and immunisation requirements and/or an appropriate publication relating to such requirements and responsible dog ownership.
- I shall not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers, or directly or indirectly allow a dog to be given as a prize or donation in a contest of any kind.
- I shall not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed, nor falsely advertise, or mislead any person regarding the performance of any dog.
- I shall ensure when selling or transferring a dog to another person that documents as required by TCA Inc Regulation 58, will be provided to the purchaser or transferee.
- I undertake not to advertise puppies for sale as TCA Inc registered until the application for registration has been lodged with the TCA Inc Office.
Any member failing to observe any provisions of the Code of Ethics may be dealt with under the Regulations of the TCA Inc.